Here we go to see mega T20 event starting with a clash between hosts Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe at Hambantota. Watch Sri Lanka vs Zimbabwe 1st Match of T20 Cricket World Cup Live Streaming Scores, ball by ball cricket commentary being played on 18th September 2012 at Mahinda Rajapaksa International Cricket Stadium, Sooriyawewa, Hambantota. After the conclusive of Warm up matches the real action begins on 18th Sept 2012 when host and one of the hot contenders for T20 championships Sri lanka takes on minnows but giant killer Zimbabwe in inaugural T20 World Cup 2012 game.
Sri Lanka vs Zimbabwe Live
Warning: include(/home/cricketh/public_html/live/sl-zim.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/cricketh/public_html/wp-content/plugins/allow-php-in-posts-and-pages/allowphp.php(373) : eval()'d code on line 3
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/cricketh/public_html/live/sl-zim.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/cricketh/public_html/wp-content/plugins/allow-php-in-posts-and-pages/allowphp.php(373) : eval()'d code on line 3
- ICC World Twenty20
- Sri Lanka v Zimbabwe
- T20I no. 263 | 2012/13 season
- Played at Mahinda Rajapaksa International Cricket Stadium, Sooriyawewa, Hambantota
- 18 September 2012 – day/night (20-over match)
- UmpiresIJ Gould and RJ Tucker
- TV umpireRA Kettleborough
- Match refereeJJ Crowe
- Reserve umpireSJ Davis
The 1st T20 game of ICC World T20 2012 will begin on Tuesday, September 17, 2012 at 19:30 local time | 14:00 GMT | 16:00 CAT (Zimbabwe Time). Current GMT Time is:
With home advantage and side Boost with some of the cleanest strikers in business coupled with best limited over bowler Lasith Malinga in companionship of Handy slow bowler in given Condition, Sri lanka are firm favorites to win their first Came.
But given the Topsy Curvy nature of the T20 format and complacency factor Zimbabwe cannot be written off at any period of time whatsoever.
Five Years ago in 2007 T20 World Cup Zimbabwe stunned than over the moon Powerful Australian side in their inagural game and If every thing falls in their Place it will be no surprised to repeat the same.
Unlike Their subcontinent neighbors India and Pakistan, Sri lanka has always had a Knack Crushing these low ranked side by huge margin while Zimbabwe always had the habit to cause an upset in a big event.
Even though till date they are not capable of lifting the cup but they have enough ammunition to spoiled some Big giant Parties. If Sri lanka win Lets anaysis some of their head to head record between these two sides.
Head to Head Records
- For Sri Lanka, Their explosive top order batsman are in Red hot form. Mahela Jaywardene, Dilshan and Sangakkara performed Very Well in T20 specially in IPL and that would be encouraging factor for Srilankan supporters. Zimbabwe a Politically and Economically Slain country are still struggling to find its feet in International Level but find Shortest Format comparatively much easier than the long run matches. They don’t have the batsman of highest caliber but got some quality in their ranks. The only advantage Zimbabweans have over Sri lankans are they are better fielding sides and if their Fielder backs their bowler very well with some luck going in their way than they are very much on their way to create massive upsets
- Sri lanka enjoyed 1-0 head to head record against Zimbabwe when the won by Duck-worth Lewis sytem in rain effected matches by 14 runs. In same match M Jayawardene scored magnificent Century and he joined along with Suresh Rain (India) and Chriss Gayle (West Indies) to score a ton in T20 world cup both against South Africa.
- For Srilanka, their best performance came in 2009 World cup, when they reached final after before going down from eventual Champion Pakistan.
- For Zimbabwe there sole best performance came When they Upset Australia in their debut game in 2007. Where as in 2009 they were not allowed to Participate in the tournament by British government under political grounds and in 2010 World cup they were unlucky that Duck-worth Lewis law went against them in their games against New Zeanad and Sri lanka led their ouster in the Tournament.