Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has announced the schedule of Pakistan vs Australia ODI & T20 Series at UAE in August/September 2012. Match will start late and end up late to avoid desert heat in United Arab Emirates. Total 3 ODIs and 3 T20s will be played between Pakistan and Australia to give them chance to final preparation for the ICC T20 Cricket World Cup 2012 at Sri Lanka this September.
Pakistan vs Australia Series was under consideration from long time but venue was not being finalized, Kuala Lumpur was also a expected venue but Monsoon rains at that part of the year did not allow to finalize it. UAE was finalized and both teams agreed to play here.
Official PCB Statement
“The matches will be held in the UAE from 28 August until 10 September. The series will comprise three one-day internationals and three Twenty20 internationals,”
Pakistan vs Australia 2012 Series Schedule
The series starts with a one-day match in Sharjah followed by two other 50-over matches in Abu Dhabi on August 31 and in Sharjah on September 3.
The three T20 matches will all be played in Dubai on September 5, 7 and 10.
- Pakistan vs Australia – 1st one Day International – August 28, 2012 – Sharjah
- Pakistan vs Australia - Second one day International – August 31, 2012 – Abu Dhabi
- Pakistan vs Australia - Third one day International – September 3, 2012 – Sharjah
- Pakistan vs Australia T20 Series 2012 - 1st Twenty20 – September 5, 2012 – Dubai
- Pakistan vs Australia T20 Series 2012 - 2nd Twenty20 – September 7, 2012 – Dubai
- Pakistan vs Australia T20 Series 2012 - 3rd Twenty20 – September 10, 2012 – Dubai