The ICC World T20 2012 records are collected below. T20 World Cup 2012 are Kick stating in Srilanka on 18 September featuring Twelve top side nations. This Edition of T20 are expected to be more Block buster than the previous Three edition of Mega events. Before belting on the seats lets see some of Flash backs, Statistics and Records in last 3 Twenty20 Cricket world cups.
- Pakistan are the Most successful team so far in this format of Mega event. They were runner up in 2007, champions in 2009 and Semi finalist in 2010. Australia yet to register a single T20 championship Title in their Packed cupboard of Glittering trophies
- Mahela Jaywardana is the Highest scorer in World T20. He score 615 at the average of 41.00 with fabulous strike rates 147. Sri lanka chances are much depend on their in form skipper.
- Saeed Ajmal is the leading Wicket taker in World T20.
- Shahid Afridi has taken 27 wicket so far and has been one of main reason of Pakistan previous World cup success. He has been Man of the series in 2007 and nearly lost to repeat the same to T. Dilshan in 2009.
- Srilanka holds the highest records of 260 run which they scored against Kenya at 2007 were as Ireland being bowled out for 68 against West Indies in 2010 are minimum score by the team in World Cup.
- The largest Victories in terms of runs is of 173 runs by Sri lanka vs Kenya whereas Shortest victory margin are 1 run achieved by England against India.
- The highest Partnership was first wicket between Chris Gayle and smith was 145 in opening World cup game against South Africa in 2007.
- Yuvraj hit the headlines by smashing Six consecutive sixes in an over off Stuart broad in a game against England Were as Chris gayle Leading the Pack by hitting most number of Sixes. He cleared the Ropes 27 times.
- Sanath Jayasuriya had unwanted records of Four ducks in the World cup T20 history.
- Only Three Centuries were scored in World cups by fer-catting Chris Gayle and Suresh Rain both Vs South africa in 2007 and 2010 respectively whereas Jayvardhne were the other centurian that was against Zimbabwe
- Umar Gul had exceptional figure of 5 for 6 in a must win game against New Zealand which gained Pakistan a much needed momentum in their access to World cup victory in 2009
- India had similar records in 2009 and 2010 .They won the initial two games in their group stage and lost three in arow in Super games on both the occasion resulting disastrous exit fro the tournament
- In 2007 The India Pakistan group match ended in a tie resulting the winner has been decided through Bowled out system.This was the only Tie game in the World T20 which India later on won by Bowled out system 3-0
- Two major upsets created in this World Cup in 2007 minnows Zimbabwe stunned than ODI World Champion Australia and in 2009 Netherlands defeated England in an opening encounter.
- Due to Pakistan splendid performance in every edition Their Player comprises Kamran Akmal,Shahid Afridi and Misbah ul haq featured most number of World cip games that is 20.Where as Paul colligwood and MS Dhoni jointly led maximum number of time 16 by winning the tournament once each
- India and South Africa are the only team that contested each other in every World cup.India have won 2 occasiion (2007 and 2010) were as South Africa emerged winner in 2009